Title Ratings on HIDIVE
Modified on: Mon, 16 May, 2022 at 1:13 PM
- Why do I see ratings from both MyAnimeList and HIDIVE?
- We’ve partnered with MyAnimeList (“MAL”) so their comprehensive rating system is available on HIDIVE! We’re teaming up to provide fans with a better anime experience.
- Why should I take the time to rate shows on HIDIVE?
- You have a voice and the rating system gives you a say. Rating a show will help us know which shows you like, and assist in finding your next favorite anime.
- How do I score a show on MAL through the HIDIVE website?
- At this time you can’t directly provide a MAL score from HIDIVE. To rate a show, click the “Rate on MAL” button. You will be redirected to MAL, where you can input your score and review.
- Does the HIDIVE star-rating affect the MAL rating or vice versa?
- The ratings do not impact one another. Each rating system is independent.
- Do I have to give two separate ratings?
- Only if you want to! That said, we encourage you to use both rating systems.
- What kind of rating system does HIDIVE have? How is it different from MAL’s?
- MAL uses an aggregated scoring system from 1-10. Our rating system is based on 1-5 stars and is then averaged across user-profiles and displayed on each show’s title page. Any half-star ratings you see on HIDIVE are the result of this calculation.
- Who can rate a show on HIDIVE?
- Any current subscriber who is logged into one of their profiles can rate a show with our scoring system.
- How do I rate a show on HIDIVE?
- Log into your account and choose a profile
- Choose a show and click on the title’s graphic
- Click the stars underneath the show’s title to rate it from 1-5
- Can I change my rating of a title?
- Yes! Click on the blue pencil icon to the right of the stars to edit your current rating. You can rate a show once per HIDIVE profile, but you can edit that rating any time you wish. For MAL ratings, please refer to their rating policy.
- How do I know if I’ve already rated a series on HIDIVE?
- Next to the starred HIDIVE rating, you’ll see “Your Rating” and the score you gave that title. If it appears blank (-), you have not rated that title yet.
- If I delete one of my HIDIVE profiles, will that delete any of the ratings I gave?
- Nope! Your rating will be retained.
- Can I rate a show on one of your apps?
- At this time, shows are only available to rate through our website.
- In some cases, one version of a show may be different from another version and have a separate rating. (Broadcast vs. home video, original cut vs. director's cut, etc.)
- The rating of a particular episode might be different from the overall series rating. One episode might have more racy content than the other episodes.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.